• Have fun while creating cool art to display
• Explore a broad range of art techniques and mediums
• Learn that problems can have more than one solution
• Choose variations for each project - not a "copy exactly" approach
• Learn techniques for focusing, relaxing, and reducing stress
• Gain drawing skills AND self-confidence
• Think creatively in a non-competitive environment
• Have access to high quality art materials used by artists
• Always be excited by new curriculum
• Enhance knowledge of other subjects (anthropology, science, geography etc)
KidzArt classes are available at educational facilities such as public, charter, and private schools, YMCA/YWCAs, parks and recreation centers, churches, retail businesses and assisted living centers with the elderly (SeniorzArt), as well as a host of other facilities. Classes are offered as complementary and extracurricular enrichment, as well as core art programs during the school day. Additional exciting offerings include: Home School Groups, birthday parties, workshops and summer camps. We offer adult classes too!
All KidzArt instructors come with a background in teaching, art or a combination. All KidzArt instructors go through comprehensive training on the KidzArt method, a nationally recognized program for more than 15 years! All KidzArt instructors are fingerprinted and cleared through the Arizona Department of Public Safety.
In order to ensure the safety of your child, all children are picked up from the KidzArt classroom, unless you have instructed us on your registration form - for example "return to after school care" or "walk to the school office". If you would like to meet your child anywhere else besides the KidzArt classroom, including the front of the school, please make a request in writing or tell us on your registration form. Your child's safety is our Number One concern.
No, KidzArt provides all artist-quality supplies.
Yes, KidzArt projects will never repeat. Weekly classes will include one 2D curriculum/art project (see: What types of media are introduced throughout the year?; third question down).
Please call or email the KidzArt Office at 520-495-4952 or email KDusek@KidzArt.com.
Consider these facts:
Not only are KidzArt classes fun and challenging but students involved in the arts are 4 times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement. "Young artists, as compared with their peers, are more likely to: Attend music, art, and dance classes nearly three times as frequently. Participate in youth groups nearly four times as frequently. Read for pleasure nearly twice as often. Perform community service more than four times as often."
We primarily feature artist quality drawing mediums such as Alcohol Based Ink Markers, ArtStix, and Oil, Chalk, and Watercolor Pastels. We also introduce a wide variety of other mediums such as Sand Art, Scratch Art, Printmaking, Collage, and Mixed-Media, to name a few.
The KidzArt Method is an inspiring format and structure that sets the stage for creative exploration. Each class not only teaches the elements of art and design, but also exercises in creative thinking, brainstorming and problem-solving.
Yes! We work with a number of homeschool groups and communities throughout the Tucson area. Many homeschoolers join in one of our school-based programs but we can also come to your home school group. Please call or email us and let's talk about what your needs are.
- Living the Arts through Language + Learning: A Report on Community-based Youth Organizations, Shirley Brice Heath, Stanford University and Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, Americans for the Arts Monograph, November 1998
"The facts are that arts education: makes a tremendous impact on the developmental growth of every child and has proven to help level the "learning field" across socio-economic boundaries."